- First, you'll need to create an email template in ACT! with your message. In the ACT! menu bar, go to 'Write' --> 'Edit Template'.
- Select one of the default ACT! templates. The EmailBody template is a popular choice. To avoid writing over this template so it can be used again in the future, go to 'Save as' and rename the template as it relates to your message.
- Create your email message as desired. Remember to include mail merge fields for a more personalized message. And add your signature to the bottom, as your default email signature will not merge with ACT! email templates.
- 'Save' and close the template.
- Now to send the template, perform a Lookup of the contacts that will receive the email.
- Then, go to 'Write' then to 'Mail Merge'. The Mail Merge Wizard will begin.
- Select 'Email' as the Output.
- Select the appropriate template.
- Choose to send to the 'Current Lookup'.
- Enter an email subject title and attach files, if needed.
- Choose how you'd like ACT! to handle missing email addresses.
- Click 'Finish'. Your email will be on its way!
It is recommended that you send yourself a test copy before sending the email to your contacts to ensure that the template appears as you desire to the recipient.
Note: To include rich-text formatting (different fonts and colors, hyperlinks, bulleted/numbered lists, etc.) in your emails, make sure that you have selected Microsoft Outlook or Internet Mail as your email system in ACT! (Tools --> Preferences--> Email tab), and set your email system preferences to compose emails using HTML formatting.