- Create a 'Personal' info tab. Record any personal information - favorite sport, hobbies, spouse/children's names, etc. - you learn about a person in your communications with him/her in the personal info tab. Then refer to it when appropriate - ask your client if he's excited about his upcoming fishing trip, or how her daughter did in the dance recital. Remembering little details about a person endears you to them and inches you closer to a customer for life.
- Schedule monthly birthday/anniversary card blasts. Make it a point to record each client's birthday and/or their anniversary as your client. Then each month, send them cards - or better yet, send them an e-card. E-mail blasts are a great way to consistently communicate with your customers, which leads to...
- Consider an ACT! E-marketing (aka Swiftpage) subscription for the fast, easy, reliable emailing of all your e-cards, new product/service announcements, special promotions, monthly e-newsletters and more. Consistent, thoughtful communications help establish you as a company they like and can trust.
- Use the ACT! Activity Series tool (or for ACT! 2011 users, the ACT! Smart Tasks tool), to schedule a pre-defined series of activities, such as birthday reminders, closed opportunity follow-ups, new client welcome campaigns, and more. Continually nurture your clients and provide the best customer service for increased loyalty.
- Take advantage of the ACT! web info tools in ACT! 2010 and 2011. Learn more about your clients and connect with them on LinkedIn, Facebook and more - all without leaving your ACT! database. (Also, you may want to consider subscribing to Sage Business Info Services for ACT! for more detailed client information such as, their company profile, company financials, and company news.)
We'd love to hear from you! What ACT! tools have you used to better build your client/customer relationships?