Why have an ACT! Expert? It gives one person on your team the tools necessary to help maintain your database and direct others in how to use it. Basically, this person serves as the go-to ACT! person on your team. This person, in their most basic role, has administrative rights to the database and knows how to change account information should team members need changes made to their settings or user rights.
We often receive calls from clients asking us for help with changing their user rights—and we are more than happy to help. But having a team member who is equipped to change settings can save your company time and money if that person is properly trained. Setting up a team member as an ACT! Expert, and then setting the expectation for your team to use that resource is a great way to maintain your database. What else can an ACT! Expert do for you?
1) Know where the database is located on the computer
2) Keep track of install files, hard installation media, and serial codes
3) Run a monthly maintenance check on the database
4) Have a working knowledge of how to complete specific tasks through ACT!
5) Be familiar with basic ACT! troubleshooting
6) Have knowledge of advanced queries, reporting, and mail merge functionality
7) Have a detailed understanding of how your company uses your database
8) Schedule and test backups (More on this in two weeks!)
9) Serve as the go-between for your team and KSC, should you need further assistance
As you can see, having an ACT! Expert on your team can be very valuable. It can also make it easier for us to serve you more quickly should you need our help. If you think you would like to appoint someone on your team as an ACT! Expert, we would be happy to help in the training process. For more information, call our office at 847-520-0860.
Do you have an ACT! Expert who helps you in a time of need? What makes your Expert so great?