· As of March 2011, there are over 100 million professionals on LinkedIn.
· There were nearly two billion people searches on LinkedIn in 2010.
· More than one million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, is the social media platform that individuals turn to when they want to connect with others. It is also where they go when they want to exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals… making it a crucial step for your company to properly establish itself on this single most trafficked professional social media site.
In order to fully leverage the business benefits of LinkedIn, you need to focus on 6 LinkedIn areas...
2) Your Connections – It is important to connect with the right people. Clients, vendors, colleagues, peers, industry experts, even competitors. Also, did you know that you can “break” connections if you need to? So if you have a connection that isn’t working for you anymore, you may want to remove them from your network.
3) Groups – Find and join industry-related groups. Then contribute to their discussions to establish yourself as an industry expert, connect with your contacts, find leads, find a new job or staff, etc.
4) Company Page – What does your company page say about you? The Company Page is a relatively new feature for LinkedIn. Is yours set up fully? Is it focused on your goals?
5) Events and Advertising – LinkedIn is a great place to advertise your events, seminars, webinars and more to hundreds of thousands of people, and at a price point that is right for you. Using their easy-to-use advertising tool, you can write your ad and select your click rate and maximum daily spending limit.
6) Answers – Use the Answers board to ask or answer industry-related questions. It’s a great way to stay in touch with your contacts, promote your products and services, establish yourself as an industry expert and even find out what your competition is up to.
Considering more and more decisions are being influenced by online searches and inquiries, expanding your network on the number one professional social media site is the best way to promote your business and engage in industry-related conversations.
If you’d like to know more about how to better set up and leverage the LinkedIn areas above, consider attending our in-house hands-on workshop series. Find out more about our upcoming workshops now!
We'd love to hear your LinkedIn success stories...