The benefits of being able to connect with your contacts on LinkedIn specifically are numerous. LinkedIn is a great way to find out what your contacts are up to, such as events they may be attending, employment or email/phone changes, groups they belong to, etc. It also allows you to stay top-of-mind as your posts make their way to your contacts’ LinkedIn status updates. (And don’t forget to check out the LinkedIn Answers tool, which is a phenomenal way to connect with possible leads and establish yourself as your industry’s leader.)
To build your LinkedIn network using the Web Info tool in ACT!, follow these 5 easy steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Lookup the ACT! contact(s) that you’d like to connect with on LinkedIn.
- While on each contact’s record, click on the Web Info tab and select the LinkedIn link located on the left navigation bar of the Web Info tab.
- LinkedIn will search for possible matches to the contact. (Note: the search may reveal multiple people.) Hover over the correct listing and click the Add to Network link to send a LinkedIn invitation to that contact.
- If you had more than one contact in your ACT! Lookup, advance to the next Contact record and repeat the process.
If you'd like to learn more about the benefits of and how you can use LinkedIn in your business, consider attending our upcoming event, Leveraging Your Network on LinkedIn.
We’d love to hear your thoughts about the Web Info tab. Are you using it? Do you plan to start using it? Have you found/created your own Web Info tab link that you’d like to share with others? Tell us in the comments below.